Expand my Community achievements bar.

CollectionPage jsp

Level 2

Hello Guys,

I need to customize the list of components (http://localhost:4503/libs/wcm/core/content/sites/components.html ) sothat component related to specific project should appear. Resource type of the page is : /libs/granite/ui/components/shell/collectionpage.

Kindly help me in this.

Thanks

Meenal

5 Replies

Level 2

Actually I need to overlay that component and I need to customize it sothat components only related to my project should appear but I am not sure where I need to changes.

So kindly help me to proceed further.

Level 10

"so that components only related to my project appear"- you need to build a backend that queries components applicable to your projects. You can use QUeryBuilder API to query these components then build a frond end to display the result set. 

Level 2

Yes I want to make them appear on the side rail but it should show components only related to my project because currently if you will go this path: (http://localhost:4503/libs/wcm/core/content/sites/components.html),it shows all the component under /libs, /apps. If you have any idea then plz help me sothat I can proceed further.

Level 10

I would not change that specific page. I would look at writing a new view under TOOLS that show you the view that you want. You can easily do this by adding a new view under Tools like Lokesh has done in this artilce:

Scott's Digital Community: Developing a VanityPath Manager for Adobe Experience Manager

He build the new view under TOOLS. I would do the same if I had this requirement. Instead of writing a tool for Vanity URLs - write a new view that shows you the result that you want.

Then i would write a HTL component that shows a repeating data set. On the back end - code Java to use the QueryBuilder API to query for components in your specific projects. Then set the back-end Java to store the component details in a LIST.

See this article to learn how to write a HTL component that displays a repeating data set. In your example, the repeating data set would be components you want in your view.

Scott's Digital Community: Creating an Adobe Experience Manager HTL component that displays a repeat...