Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

collapse and expand the blank area in AEM

Level 1

I have a form where I have some fields hidden by default. On a check box checked action, they become visisble. When they are hidden , they create a lot of blank space. How can I collapse up the blank area when fields are hidden and expand it when the fields become visisble? I am using AEM 6.2 designer.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Which property are you using for collapse? display or visible for toggling show hide.

display:none will not be available in the page and does not occupy any space. visibility:hidden hides an element, but it will still take up the same space as before. The element will be hidden, but still affect the layout. visibility:hidden preserve the space, whereas display:none doesn't preserve the space

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Which property are you using for collapse? display or visible for toggling show hide.

display:none will not be available in the page and does not occupy any space. visibility:hidden hides an element, but it will still take up the same space as before. The element will be hidden, but still affect the layout. visibility:hidden preserve the space, whereas display:none doesn't preserve the space

Arun Patidar