Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

cloud manager : Is there a way to set up separate pipeline for stage environment?

Level 3

Hi Team,

I want to test one of my changes in stage before pushing it to prod.

But I am not able to create a production pipeline separately for stage environment.

Can anyone suggest how would I deploy my changes to only to stage environment.

I can see below option in production pipeline

Pause before deploying to Production

Thanks,

Ganesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There are new releases that happens on AEM as CS. You can update for the environment. I wanted to say if that is not updated with latest release, you can go ahead and try updating. You don't see the update button on below image since my instance is up to date. Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 10.20.17 PM.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @ganeshbyalebrillio ,
There is no option to create pipeline only for stage. In CM both stage and prod deployment happens through single pipeline. But as you mentioned, there is an option to pause before deploying to production. If you check this, once the deployment is done, you will have to approve or reject the deployment to prod. In this way you can do deployment only on stage and reject for production. Below screenshot for your reference:

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 11.44.53 AM.png

Hi Anish,

Thanks for the reply, in our prod pipeline that checkbox is checked but I never approve it still it will take the prod deployment, is there any timeout for the wait?

Thanks,

Ganesh

+91-9380201140

Community Advisor

Can you share the snapshot , as approval is required for production deployment.

Himanshu Jain

Community Advisor

webcoholic_1-1646295393994.png

After stage testing step is it keep going till deploy to production?

Himanshu Jain

Employee Advisor

My deployment to production is paused since yesterday. It's been 24 hours. So I believe you have ample amount of time before it expires. But moreover, if you don't see it in pause state, I would recommend you to connect with you Cloud SME from Adobe to check the situation. ideal situation, you should see the behavior I mentioned. 

Meanwhile, you can try updating the server before deployment. 

Level 3

What do you mean by try updating the server before the deployment what exactly are we updating here.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There are new releases that happens on AEM as CS. You can update for the environment. I wanted to say if that is not updated with latest release, you can go ahead and try updating. You don't see the update button on below image since my instance is up to date. Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 10.20.17 PM.png

Employee Advisor

IIRC the timeout is 14 days; then the pending pipeline will be rejected.

Administrator

@ganeshbyalebrillio 

[Webinar | AEM GEMs] Looking under the hood - Cloud Manager 2022 | Register: https://adobe.ly/3t4jfgp  & Ask Questions related to this Webinar: https://adobe.ly/3O0rdzd 

Date &Time: Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 8 am PDT OR 5 pm CET OR 8.30 pm IST
Speakers: Remus Stratulat & Shankari Panchapakesan

Share this within your Organisation and with your AEM peers!!

Kautuk Sahni