Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cloud Manager FAQs | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Cloud Manager FAQs by Adobe

Abstract

This document provides answers to the most frequently-asked questions about Cloud Manager in AEM as a Cloud Service.

Is it possible to use Java 11 with Cloud Manager builds?
Yes. You will need to add the maven-toolchains-plugin with proper settings for Java 11.

The process is documented here.

For example, see the wknd project sample project code.

My build fails with an error about maven-scr-plugin after switching from Java 8 to Java 11. What can I do?
Your AEM Cloud Manager build may fail when attempting to switch the build from Java 8 to 11. If you encounter the following error, then you need to remove maven-scr-plugin and convert all OSGi annotations to OSGi R6 annotations.

[main] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.26.4:scr (generate-scr-scrdescriptor) on project helloworld.core: /build_root/build/testsite/src/main/java/com/adobe/HelloWorldServiceImpl.java : Unable to load compiled class: com.adobe.HelloWorldServiceImpl: com/adobe/HelloWorldServiceImpl has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0 -> [Help 1]
For instructions on how to remove this plugin, see here.

My build fails with an error about RequireJavaVersion after switching from Java 8 to Java 11. What can I do?
For Cloud Manager builds, the maven-enforcer-plugin can fail with this error.

"[main] [WARNING] Rule 1: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireJavaVersion".
This is a known issue due to Cloud Manager using a different version of Java to run the maven command versus compiling code. Simply omit requireJavaVersion from your maven-enforcer-plugin configurations.

The code quality check failed and our deployment is stuck. Is there a way to bypass this check?
Yes. All code quality check failures except for the security rating are non-critical metrics, so they can be bypassed by expanding the items in the results UI.

See the document Code Quality Testing for more details.

Can I use SNAPSHOT for the version of the Maven project?
Yes. For developer deployments, the git branch pom.xml files must contain -SNAPSHOT at the end of the  value.

This allows subsequent deployment to still be installed when the version did not change. In developer deployments, no automatic version is added or generated for the maven build.

You can also set the version to -SNAPSHOT for stage and production builds or deployments. Cloud Manager automatically sets a proper version number and creates a tag for you in git. This tag can be referred to later, if required.

Further details about version handling are documented here.

Read Full Blog

Cloud Manager FAQs

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
0 Replies