Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

ClientLibs not getting picked up from /etc/* after AEM 6.4 upgrade

Level 2

ClientLibs (JS and CSS) of my project are not getting picked up from /etc/* after AEM 6.4 upgrade. It used to work on AEM 6.3.

As soon as I move my clientlibs to /apps/* folder clientlibs are getting picked up. Also, I can't see generated libs within /var/clientlibs/*. It' empty.

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hello,

clientlibs cache is stored in crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle<clientlibs-BundleID (com.adobe.granite.ui.clientlibs)>/data/outputcache

Regards,

Vishu

Employee

In addition to Vish.dhaliwal​'s answer please familiarize yourself with the extensive repository restructuring that happened in 6.4.

Virtually everything was moved out of /etc/

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Common Repository Restructuring in AEM 6.4

Employee Advisor

Hello,

Starting with 6.3, the practice was to move the client libs to `/apps`, since they’re essentially code provided together with an app’s components. Also, they are overlay-able.

Regards,

Vishu

Level 10

did you add this on clientlibs?  Check we-retail/WKND for reference

allowProxyBooleantrueexposes CSS/JS via /etc.clientlibs

Getting Started with AEM Sites Chapter 3 - Client-Side Libraries and Responsive Grid

Use http://localhost:4502/libs/granite/ui/content/dumplibs.html  to flush/regenerate clientlibs or otherwise delete from filesystem as mentioned by Vishu if you have access to same.

search for bundle with 'fsclassload' in case you want to locate bundle id and then purge via filesystem