Clientlibs issue in AEM 6.5

shwethar9638050

shwethar9638050

shwethar9638050

06-09-2019

Hi Team,

Recently we are migrating to 6.5 before we have all css and js files in etc/clientlibs,

Now adobe recommended to keep in apps

We have Css/js files under /apps/exampleproject/clientlibs/exampleproject/clientlibs_webtrends this path

The description for the above path

• exampleproject ->projectname
  • clientlibs (nt:floder) -> Folder
  • exampleproject -> cq:Page
  • clientlibs_webtrends -> cq:ClientLibraryFolder added allowProxy =true

I have set the allowProxy=true to clientlibs_webtrends,    but am not able to expose the clientlibs by

/etc.clientlibs/exampleproject/clientlibs/exampleproject/clientlibs_webtrends/js/example.js

I can access the clientlibs using /apps/exampleproject/clientlibs/exampleproject/clientlibs_webtrends/js/example.js

We cant provide access to /apps in production

Please help me in resolving this issue

Replies

Arun_Patidar

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Reply

Arun_Patidar

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Reply

Arun_Patidar
MVP

09-09-2019

Hi,

It does work if clienlibs properties are set properly

In order for the client libraries under /apps to be accessible, a proxy servelt is used. The ACLs are still enforced on the client library folder, but the servlet allows for the content to be read via /etc.clientlibs/ if the allowProxy property is set to true.

can you share clientlibs properties?

Gaurav-Behl

MVP

Gaurav-Behl

MVP

Gaurav-Behl
MVP

09-09-2019

If the issue to access permissions on publish server then check Andrew's response here: Not able to access etc.clientlibs on publish environment

shwethar9638050

shwethar9638050

shwethar9638050

09-09-2019

The issue is not only in publish/dispatcher even in local or dev or stage author/publish same issue exist

shwethar9638050

shwethar9638050

shwethar9638050

09-09-2019

@Arun Patidar

please find the screenshot of clientlibs properties

1830458_pastedImage_0.png

Arun_Patidar

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Reply

Arun_Patidar

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Reply

Arun_Patidar
MVP

10-09-2019

It looks ok for config side.

can you try to add using

<sly data-sly-use.clientlib="/libs/granite/sightly/templates/clientlib.html"

data-sly-call="${clientlib.all @ categories='falcon.base.nwd'}"/>

If it works, you can check the included js path and trying adding using script tag.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/etc.clientlibs/initialyzer/clientlibs/initialyzer/clientlib-base/js/example.js"> </script>

You can open a daycare ticket if it doesn't resolve.

Premkarthic-7WP

Premkarthic-7WP

Premkarthic-7WP

10-09-2019

Hi,

As per my understanding, you want to access the js files directly and not via client library include, if I am correct, then you can try creating a folder  with the name "js" under resources  of your required clinetlibray folder and you can access as like below. Its worked for me.

http://localhost:4502/etc.clientlibs/weretail/clientlibs/clientlib-site/resources/js/script.js

1830675_pastedImage_0.png

Proxy servlet resolves the direct files, if it is present under clientlibray folder (with allowproxy=true) -> resources -> (folder with any name) ->File.

Hope this helps.

Update : In order to avoid the duplicate copy of the file between client library and resource folder, in the js.txt you can change the js base reference as below.

1830694_pastedImage_1.png