Expand my Community achievements bar.

Client uses AEM how can they publish documents to our Application.

Level 1

Hi,

We have a client who uses Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) for their Digital Assets Management (DAM) and would like to integrate this with our application. Most of our clients are on Sharepoint or Seismic for document publishing but their is a lot of buzz around AEM and it's starting to gain a lot of traction in the financial market industry, we would like to offer assistance to our clients who use AEM as their DAM.

Would it be safe to assume that our client would setup a workflow that publishes documents and meta data to our REST API? And would they be able to manage the filed mappings between AEM and our Application? For example if AEM uses a field called "asset_Title" and our REST API is looking for "product_Title" would AEM take care of the mapping or would we need to make the translation on our end? It looks like a workflow step could be setup to post to an external partner but I don't know anymore than what the short video on workflow steps mentions about that ability.

Any developer documents or links to discussions on this topic would be of great assistance.

Thank you.

2 Replies

Level 10

"For example if AEM uses a field called "asset_Title" and our REST API is looking for "product_Title" would AEM take care of the mapping"

No - AEM would not take care of the Mappnig in this case. However - this could all be developed as a custom solution. You would have to define a name/key doc that AEM would look up the name of asset_title and know to search for product_title. With custom Java services, this is possible.

Level 1

Thanks @smacdonald2008

Do you know where I can read up more on the java services?