Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Check is AEM Server is Up

Level 5

Hi,

Is there a way to identify if the server startup is complete ?

I need to perform this as part of an env creation script, before the code can be deployed.

AEM version : 5.6.1

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

if you can parse the logs then you could look for the two messages below in either stdout.log or error.log

stdout.log  09.08.2016 08:09:53.807 *INFO * [main] Startup completed

error.log  09.08.2016 08:09:53.806 *INFO* [main] org.apache.felix.framework BundleEvent STARTED

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Administrator

Hi 

I am not sure, where i am wrong, but just check the response of "http://localhost:4502/", if it is responding you with 404 then it is not started.

Or 

Check for "http://localhost:4502/libs/granite/core/content/login.html?resource=%2F&$$login$$=%24%24login%24%24&..."    If 404 :- Not started

if response is there, then it is started.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

if you can parse the logs then you could look for the two messages below in either stdout.log or error.log

error.log  09.08.2016 08:09:53.806 *INFO* [main] org.apache.felix.framework BundleEvent STARTED

Regards,

Opkar

Level 5
Thanks Kautuk. Yes that's a good option. But is their any service available aem. As per adobe doc, status.bat file in bin folder of crx-quickstart should return the status, this did return a response when the server was started with start.bat.       

Level 5
Thanks Opkar, will check that       

Administrator

Opkar Gill wrote...

Hi,

Regards,

Opkar

Awesome Help Opkar. This adds information to my kitty.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni