Expand my Community achievements bar.

Changes in editable template policies not reflected in existing pages

Level 1

I added a new component to my editable template by source code, editing 

ui.content\src\main\content\jcr_root\conf\my-site\settings\wcm\templates\my-template\structure\.content.xml

and

ui.content\src\main\content\jcr_root\conf\my-site\settings\wcm\templates\my-template\policies\.content.xml

I added an embed component.

And it's being added to all the pages.

However, in new created pages the component shows a list of embeddables whereas in already existing pages it does not.

In new pages:

garciacaveroa_0-1704236017133.png

In already existing pages:

garciacaveroa_1-1704236053706.png

I know embeddable options are controlled by policies, which are working because the radio button is restricted to "Embeddable / None" via policy (there are more values). I checked both pages using this template.

What could be the cause for this?

We use AEM as a Cloud Service.

Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Please double-check whether the policy is targeting the correct component under the correct container; typically, this should resolve the issue

Esteban Bustamante

Administrator

@garciacavero-a Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni