Expand my Community achievements bar.

Change Image under an Image Map

Level 1

Hi all,

I have to change an image under an Image Map, without losing all the references, is there a method to do that or I must recreate the areas and put all the links back?

Thanks

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

My understanding is that the links are considered part of the image. Therefore, if the image changes, the links will also be affected and may no longer work. In such a case, I would recommend changing the image and recreating the links accordingly. While there may be an option to change the source of the image through CRX/DE, it might be considered a somewhat hacky approach and I am not fully sure if this will work.

Hope this helps. 

Esteban Bustamante

Level 5

Hi @LucaGil_AD ,

You can change the image using replace option instead of uploading as a new image, i.e., till the path and the name of the image is same as the old image the references won't be affected.

Level 1

Hi Sravs and thank you for the reply.

How can I simply replace the image? If I choose a different image the Image Map goes with that, is there a different way to replace that I don't know?

Level 5

Are you picking the image from DAM, if yes, try to replace the image from DAM.

While uploading the new image with the old image name it will ask for replace option. It will update all the references with the new image.

Level 8

@LucaGil_AD : I am able to test that Image Map is not lost even when you change the Image (using component authoring and not replacing in crx etc). Have you tried it already? If not, please try and let us know if you find it otherwise.

I am on AEM 6.5 (local instance) and using Image V2.

On a different not - Are you changing existing Image with a totally different Image or same Image with different size/quality etc?

If it is a different Image, it would make sense to do Image Map again as it is a different Image anyway and you would want to target different section on the Image.

thanks.

Level 1

Hi Kamal_Kishor and thank you for the reply. I Changed the image using the Pick button in the authoring modal and by doing that the mapping goes with the image. Is there a different way to do that?

Level 8

@LucaGil_AD : I am replacing the image by drag-drop into the Image field.
I have noticed, if you clear the Image before replacing, it removes the previously selected Image Map as well. It only retains if you replace new image by drag-drop on top of existing image.

As previously said, I am on AEM 6.5 and extending Image V2.

Please see the image field I am using in attached screenshot.
thanks.

Community Advisor

Hi @LucaGil_AD 

Were the user suggestions helpful? Let us know if more details are needed or mark the answer as correct. If you found a solution independently, please share it with the community. 

Arun Patidar