Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Cannot serve request to /content.html in org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet for publish 4503

Level 2

Hi everyone! 

Could anyone suggest anything please on how to sort out, the issue when running publish 4503 instance I get a browser window open with the message "Not found.  Cannot serve request to /content.html in org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet". I followed official docs using aem-sdk file for author and publish, renaming them accordingly as it asks. I tried even to change  4502 to 4503 in bin folder starter files for publish as someone suggested (official docs do not mention it). reinstalled aem-sdk a few times for author and publish and still get that message and the publish instance does not start. Just to mention, my author instance working fine and I tried to start publish instance after author one was ready. My docker running on port 80:80. Java v11 is installed.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @olegarg 

you are not facing any issues. it is the default behavior, hit localhost:4503/system/console and you will be prompted to log in.

FYI, the default root page for publish instance is domain/content.html. you can change this if you wish to at OSGi configuration "Day CQ Root Mapping"

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 5.23.27 PM.png
check this to set your agents on Author to setup publish instance: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/cloud-service/local-development-env... 

 deploy your code to publish instance and publish your pages, you are good to go.
Thank you,

Sravan

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @olegarg 

you are not facing any issues. it is the default behavior, hit localhost:4503/system/console and you will be prompted to log in.

FYI, the default root page for publish instance is domain/content.html. you can change this if you wish to at OSGi configuration "Day CQ Root Mapping"

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 5.23.27 PM.png
check this to set your agents on Author to setup publish instance: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/cloud-service/local-development-env... 

 deploy your code to publish instance and publish your pages, you are good to go.
Thank you,

Sravan

Level 2

Hi @B_Sravan. Thank you very much for your reply. You are right! When I hit localhost:4503/system/console I was asked to log in and I saw the console page. Thank you for the link attached for agents set up. So, as I understand that content.html on publish instance will be accessible after I publish and deploy it on the author instance first? Thanks.

Employee Advisor

Does it work if you point your browser to an existing page on publish?

Level 2

Hi @Jörg_Hoh. Thank you a lot for your reply. AEM is new to me and I am just recently started to explore it as there is a requirement to use it with PWA studio. I am not sure if I understood you right. I freshly installed the author and publish instances recently and could not see any pages on publish instance. All I could see in publish is the console only as was suggested above. I have not yet deployed anything from the author. Maybe that is why nothing is on the publish instance. Thanks

Level 1

Hi @Jörg_Hoh ,

After doing all the author and publish configuration, and after publishing my home page, which has authored content, I am trying to access it but with no success so far, just a withe page is showing up. Do you have any idea what might be causing it?

Thank you!

Employee Advisor

Hi,

unfortunately this information is not enough to understand what's going wrong. First, does your authored page work on the authoring instance?

Then, we you activated the page, the system probably asked you if it should activate a few referenced pages/assets/settings which are not yet activated. Have you confirmed that?

Level 1

I am sorry, I understand it's quite difficult to get any conclusion with little information.

But about what you asked:

1. Yes, my page is working fine on the authoring instance.

2. Yes, I have confirmed the activation of the referenced assets.