Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can you alphabetize or re-order files in a folder in the DAM when there are multiple pages in that folder?

Level 1

I am trying to alphabetize an entire folder in the dam, that has 3 pages.  The last file needs to be first, but it won't let me move it to the first page of the folder.   The pagination is a pain.  

Is there an easy way, or can you only alphabetize each page, in a folder, which doesn't make sense.  

Thanks,
Mark

If needed, I can upload a pic to better explain and show what I am meaning if my question doesn't make sense.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Out of the box, you are seeing the default behaviour. The nice thing about AEM is you can customize it to meet your needs. You, for example, write a custom AEM service that can use the JCR API to move content in the JCR. All content located in the DAM is really JCR content. SO using JCR API and Java, you can order content to meet your business requirements. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Out of the box, you are seeing the default behaviour. The nice thing about AEM is you can customize it to meet your needs. You, for example, write a custom AEM service that can use the JCR API to move content in the JCR. All content located in the DAM is really JCR content. SO using JCR API and Java, you can order content to meet your business requirements.