Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Can we use @context='scriptComment' for including JS and html markup

NehaCMS
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Team

As we should not use context=unsafe to prevent xss vulnerability , is it safe to use textarea field with values with some js code and html markup with context=scriptComment to prevent stripping of script tags

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution
BrianKasingli
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

For HTML and JS, you should try using

${properties.customHTML @ context='html'}          <!--/* Use this in case you want to output HTML - Removes markup that may contain XSS risks */-->
${properties.cusomJS @ context='scriptString'}  <!--/* Applies JavaScript string escaping */-->

HTML Template Language Specification - https://github.com/adobe/htl-spec/blob/master/SPECIFICATION.md

Let me know how it goes,

Brian

View solution in original post

0 Replies
Bimmi_Soi
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi @NehaCMS ,

I dont think there should be any issue using context= scriptComments

${properties.jcr:title @ context='scriptComment'} <!--/* Context for Javascript block comments. Outputs nothing if value break out of the comment context */-->

Hope this helps!!

Thanks

BrianKasingli
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

For HTML and JS, you should try using

${properties.customHTML @ context='html'}          <!--/* Use this in case you want to output HTML - Removes markup that may contain XSS risks */-->
${properties.cusomJS @ context='scriptString'}  <!--/* Applies JavaScript string escaping */-->

HTML Template Language Specification - https://github.com/adobe/htl-spec/blob/master/SPECIFICATION.md

Let me know how it goes,

Brian

View solution in original post