Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Can we uninstall the CFP.

Level 3

Hi,

We have recently upgraded from 6.3.3.0 to 6.3.3.2 in our development setup but now we are facing some issue so now we need to degrade to 6.3.3.0 while searching in internet I found below link where it says uninstalling CFP is not possible.

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/release-notes--aem-6-3-cumulative-fix-pack.html

Please guide whether can we perform or not.

7 Replies

Level 10

This is correct.

The recommended approach is to take a backup of instance and then apply SP/CFPs.

Level 3

Hi Gaurav,

Here we need to degrade the service pack to SP

Thanks,

Nagesh

Level 10

Per my knowledge, there is no way to downgrade/remove SP & CFP.  You must keep a backup of your existing setup. The only solution is to setup 6.3.3.0 again from scratch and port your code/content/configurations from 6.3.3.2 as applicable.

You may open daycare ticket and ask for recommendations.

Level 10

The official Adobe doc answers your question. Your only approach is to install fresh AEM 6.3.3.0 and then install your packages on it (your content and apps) - as Gaurav points out.

I assume you have all your code/content in a tool like Github. You can re-install on AEM 6.3.3.0.

Level 5

Hi Nagesh,

It is possible to down grade but it is not recommended to downgrade. Safer solution would be do a fresh install and patch to the level you want.

Usually UNIX / Infra team runs CURL scripts to install SP/CFP on servers, if you want to downgrade the version UNIX can go into install folder under crx/quickstart folder and they can take it out (SP/CFP).

Level 10

This approach might work if SP/CFP is installed using "install" folder and not using '/crx/packmgr'. 

For /crx/packmgr, you may try to uninstall each and every package but that might cause more issues/crash the instance.

Level 5

Yes, agree. But I don‘t think anyone is using package manager to install SP/CFP on real time environments (UAT/Prod). Most of the times we would see memory related issue if we use Package manger to install SP/CFP.