Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can't create child on a synthetic root

Level 4

I have recently upgrade my AEM instance from 6.3 to 6.5 and when I try to do Roll Out as admin, I get the Error: Can't create child on a synthetic root.

What does this error imply?

7 Replies

Administrator

Can you just check this with admin user or add everyone group to root folder(I do read that you having given full access)?

If this problem still persists then create a case with Support with Referring  CQ-4218938.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Employee Advisor

I have seen this exception in a few other use cases like folder creation, user creation etc. Can you provide the complete error message?

Is this happening only on Rollout process?

Level 4

Earlier it was happening only during roll out, now its happening for anything that I do, which requires node creation. Error:

*ERROR* [sling-default-3-Registered Service.5742] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler Exception during job execution of job 'org.apache.sling.distribution.packaging.impl.ResourceDistributionPackageCleanup@2dad6271' with name 'Registered Service.5742' : Can't create child on a synthetic root

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't create child on a synthetic root

at org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.ResourceResolverImpl.create(ResourceResolverImpl.java:968) [org.apache.sling.resourceresolver:1.6.8]

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResourceInternal(ResourceUtil.java:671) [org.apache.sling.api:2.18.4]

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResource(ResourceUtil.java:608) [org.apache.sling.api:2.18.4]

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResource(ResourceUtil.java:576) [org.apache.sling.api:2.18.4]

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResourceInternal(ResourceUtil.java:659) [org.apache.sling.api:2.18.4]

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResource(ResourceUtil.java:608) [org.apache.sling.api:2.18.4]

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResource(ResourceUtil.java:576) [org.apache.sling.api:2.18.4]

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResourceInternal(ResourceUtil.java:659) [org.apache.sling.api:2.18.4]

at org.apache.sling.distribution.packaging.impl.DistributionPackageUtils.getPackagesRoot(DistributionPackageUtils.java:282) [org.apache.sling.distribution.core:0.4.0]

at org.apache.sling.distribution.packaging.impl.ResourceDistributionPackageBuilder.getPackages(ResourceDistributionPackageBuilder.java:245) [org.apache.sling.distribution.core:0.4.0]

at org.apache.sling.distribution.packaging.impl.ResourceDistributionPackageCleanup.run(ResourceDistributionPackageCleanup.java:60) [org.apache.sling.distribution.core:0.4.0]

at org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzJobExecutor.execute(QuartzJobExecutor.java:347) [org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler:2.7.2]

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202) [org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler:2.7.2]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Level 3

Hi,

Did u find any solution. I am also facing similar issue while installing package in aem 6.5

Level 4

Hi Srikanth,

The issue was due to missing permissions at the node level. You can add permissions to the required node from the Access Control Tab. Suppose I needed to add permissions to root level and also some specific permissions to var node. In my case I needed to add system users to those node and give the users permissions.

Regards,

Shaheena

Level 2

Which users you added?

what permissions were give. I have exact same issue.