Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can i create two dialog for a content component

Former Community Member

Hi,

I was working on the Student workbook where there is an excercise to create a dynamic Title Component to change the title by the author.

I created one more dialog component to see whether my second dialog is appearing or not. But it is not appearing only the first one is coming, please explain me why? Also advice me whether it is allowed to create multiple dialogs or not? Attached a screenshot for your reference.

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

When you create a dialog it needs to be called dialog(classic) or cq:dialog(touch ui). You can't create multiple dialogs for the same interface i.e classic/touch ui

If you have complex functionality to implement in your dialog, create separate tabs to group your widgets

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Typically, the only way that a component has 2 dialogs is one for Touch UI and the other for Classic UI. See:

[img]dialogJCR.png[/img]

For more details about building a component with 2 dialogs (one for Touch and the other for Classic) -- see: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-touchui-component.html

Correct answer by
Employee

When you create a dialog it needs to be called dialog(classic) or cq:dialog(touch ui). You can't create multiple dialogs for the same interface i.e classic/touch ui

If you have complex functionality to implement in your dialog, create separate tabs to group your widgets

Level 8

What's the use case for 2 dialogs?

Former Community Member

Not specific to any use case, just i am playing with it.