Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Bundle unable to start after 1.2.16 upgrade

Level 4

I was running AEM 6.1 with oak-auth-external 1.2.14, but after a hotfix (cq-6.1.0-hotfix-10832-1.0.zip) was installed with version 1.2.16 my bundle is unable to start.

This dependency appears as unsolved:

org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.authentication.external,version=[1.0,2) -- Cannot be resolved

In fact, the version is now 2.0, as it appears in the exported packages in the console:

org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.authentication.external,version=2.0.0

I updated the pom.xml as follows, it doesn't work.

<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId> <artifactId>oak-auth-external</artifactId> <version>1.2.16</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency>

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I found the problem:  I also had the uber-jar in the bundle containing an older oak-auth.  After removing that the dependency is resolved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Use AEM Dependency Manager and get the version and then place that dependency into the projects POM in the dependency section.  

http://localhost:4502/system/console/depfinder

Also - what Maven Archetype are you using to build the OSGi?

Level 1

I have the exact same problem after the 1.2.16 hotfix.  The imported packages for my bundle shows:

org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.authentication.external,version=[1.0,2) -- Cannot be resolved

In the depfinder the following is found:

org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.authentication.external2.0.0org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-auth-external (91)<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId> <artifactId>oak-auth-external</artifactId> <version>1.2.16</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency>

I add the dependency as shown to the bundle pom:

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
            <artifactId>oak-auth-external</artifactId>
            <version>1.2.16</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

But still have the dependency problem in the bundle.

@smacdonald2008 , @ronnyfm, can you help please? (or anyone else!)

Correct answer by
Level 1

I found the problem:  I also had the uber-jar in the bundle containing an older oak-auth.  After removing that the dependency is resolved.

Level 4

Thanks Robert.

And hi all. Yes, the issue was in part related to the uber-jar, you have to update to the uber-jar that matches your installation. 6.1, 6.1 SP1 or 6.1 SP2. But also, in my case, there was the aem-api dependency, I had to remove it since it was redundant. Of course, use depfinder to update your pom.xml with the right version for oak-auth-external.

Level 4

See my late answer. Marked Robert answer as correct since that was in the right direction too.