Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Bulk Update Asset title

Level 4

We have requirement where we want to bulk update the jcr:title of our assets. I tried Asset Metadata Import, but its only updating the details for metadata node, not the jcr:content node.

Is there any way in AEM or ACS Commos so that we can do this ??

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

We can do it via Bulk editor -

Steps are given below 

We need to define the Root Path like /content/dam/we-retail/en/people , Query Parameters like type:Asset 

as we are dealing with assets, check the Content Mode and jcr:title as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1658939297481.png

Update the jcr:title and save as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_1-1658939434632.pngDEBAL_DAS_2-1658939448076.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

We can do it via Bulk editor -

Steps are given below 

We need to define the Root Path like /content/dam/we-retail/en/people , Query Parameters like type:Asset 

as we are dealing with assets, check the Content Mode and jcr:title as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1658939297481.png

Update the jcr:title and save as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_1-1658939434632.pngDEBAL_DAS_2-1658939448076.png

Level 4

Thanks, Is it possible to upload a CSV file and do it. And also we are on AEM cloud

Employee Advisor

To import content:

1. Open the Bulk Editor.

2. Add ?hib=false to the URL, e.g.:

http://localhost:4502/etc/importers/bulkeditor.html?hib=false

3. Click Import.

4. Select the .tsv file. The data are imported into the repository.

as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1659453518093.png

Sharing sample .tsv file data -

jcr:path	jcr:content/jcr:title
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/Asset1.xml	Today Debal six
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/adaptTo2019-Sling-Content-Distribution-for-the-Cloud-Timothee-Maret1.pdf	Today Debal four
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/adaptTo2019-Sling-Content-Distribution-for-the-Cloud-Timothee-Maret.pdf	Today Debal five
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/Asset.xml	Today seven
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/womens/adaptTo2019-Sling-Content-Distribution-for-the-Cloud-Timothee-Maret.pdf	Today Debal One
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/mens/digital-creating-the-perfect-aem-deployment-white-paper-2.pdf	Today Debal three
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/mens/women_7.jpg	Today My Asset Football India Today
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/mens/men_5.jpg	Today Debal two
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/womens/women_2.jpg	Today My Asset
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/womens/laptop-accessories.jpg	Today Debal eight
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/mens/men_1.jpg	Today My Asset Football new Today
/content/dam/we-retail/en/people/mens/men_4.jpg	Today Debal nine Today

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/operations/bulk-editor.h...

Employee Advisor

Bulk editor is available on AEM as a cloud service also. But I haven't use it on AEM as a cloud service personally.

I have used bulk editor on different AEM 6.5.X. 

Level 2

@ashish_mishra1 Could you please specify which property at jcr:content node you want to update as jcr:title exists at metadata node and can be bulk updated using https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/assets/managing/managing-multiple-asse...