Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Bulk update asset description

Level 5

I have a requirement where I need to bulk upload the asset description (dc:description). I tried using Bulk Editor. But the thing is the node hierarchy is /content/dam/test-project/jpeg/thumbnail-test-image.png/jcr:content/metadata. Here in this metadata node the dc:description property exists.

How shall I target this and do the bulk upload via bulk editor? My requirement is to target all files(jpeg/png) under /content/dam/test-project/jpeg/ and update the dc:description.

I tried the following approach but it didn't work.

arindam6600_0-1697138511589.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arindam6600 it worked for me.. please try like this and you can see all the assets under the folder with dc:description property to update in metadata node. 

Saravanan_Dharmaraj_0-1697144095545.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arindam6600 it worked for me.. please try like this and you can see all the assets under the folder with dc:description property to update in metadata node. 

Saravanan_Dharmaraj_0-1697144095545.png

Level 5

Hi @Saravanan_Dharmaraj , yes this works. Thanks! I was putting this in the query parameters. This never crossed my mind actually. Thanks for the help.

The Metadata export and import feature also works for these type of requests.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/assets/administer/metadata-import-expo...