Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Blog tags and archives issues

Level 2

Hi,

I'm having issues with the social blog components included in CQ and the classes used (namely com.adobe.cq.social.blog). I have a blog running as expected however I can't get either the Archives or Categories components to output anything when placed within the blog. I find this behaviour occurs within the geomatrix-outdoors blog as well but not the 2009 geomatrix blog.

I've managed to resolve my issue with the Archive component, but it's not elegant - by extending the component and then iterating over each 'period' and generating the HTML within the JSP, rather than what the component originally did which was use the getArchiveAsHTML() of the blog object.

I've now come to trying to use the same technique to resolve the Categories component issues and cannot get any tags out of the blog object whatsoever, getTagsAsHTML()  of the blog object returns nothing and getTags() also returns an empty array.

I've seen this elsewhere as an issue suffered by others so I wanted to know, what am I doing wrong and is there anything I can do to resolve this?
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Will,

Thanks for pointing out the earlier post. It sounds like you are encountering an issue that was fixed in a later version of Social Blogs. I would suggest filing a daycare ticket and referencing 'CQ-6941'

Cheers.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

Hi, 

Can you also tell us the CQ version and blog pkg version that you are using.

Thanks

Level 2

Hi Will,

It's not clear to me from your original post if are you using the out of the box Blog page component or are you using a custom Blog page.

May you please confirm? 

Cheers.

Level 2

Hi,

Of course, that's silly of me. CQ = 5.6.0 and blog package = cq-social-blog-pkg-1.0.13

Thanks

Level 2

I'm now using a custom blog based on the /libs/social/blog/components/page. Similar to that used in Geomatrix-outdoors which suffers the same issue. I just wondered whether someone else has tried extending it, found a similar issue but managed to resolve it.

Tags do exist in the blog as the entries pick them up and you can filter by tag as well. I could iterate over all blog entries, then generate a list of used tags but this is definitely not optimal if the functionality's already in there for the blog class.

I could be experiencing something similar to:
http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Will,

Thanks for pointing out the earlier post. It sounds like you are encountering an issue that was fixed in a later version of Social Blogs. I would suggest filing a daycare ticket and referencing 'CQ-6941'

Cheers.