Expand my Community achievements bar.

Block ClassicUI(cf#) pages to authors and show/redirect them to TouchUI(editor.html) pages for editing content pages.

Level 2

Hi All,

Recently we migrated from ClassicUI to TouchUI and we dont want our authors to edit the content in ClassicUI. So either we need to redirect them to TouchUI editor.html or block/restrict access to cf#. We are doing this because we did not delete the classic dialogs. We kept them and may be at a later point we will delete them. Any solutions is highly appreciated.

Thanks

cc @indrasenareddy 

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Manikanta,

First of all we can configure AEM to open in Touch UI by default [1]

In addition we can configure Sling Redirect to redirect any request into cf to editor.html

Thus any content author who may have bookmarked old page will be redirected to TouchUI alternative.

[1] user interface - AEM 6.2 How to switch from classic UI to Touch - Stack Overflow

Regards,

Peter

hi @Peter_Puzanovs ,

We already did [1]. Now we are looking for sling:redirect solution. I tried to implement in my local but not working.

Below is the screenshot

manikanta290719_0-1675440736376.png

Community Advisor

Hi Manikanta,

Would suggest,

sling:match="(.*)cf#(.*)"

sling:redirect="http://localhost:4502/editor.html$2"

Regards,

Peter

Level 2

Hi @Peter_Puzanovs ,

The above solution is not working because the request is going to /cf and not /cf# and # is part of page and is executed at client-side. If I replace

/cf with /editor.html then the request is redirected from localhost:4502/cf#/content/we-retail/en.html to localhost:4502/editor.html#/content/we-retail/en.html which is also not not correct.