Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Best practices for localizing sites?

Level 1

Hi,

I am new to AEM and its capabilities. Can someone please tell me whether or not a content connector is necessary to send files for localization? Or is there adequate functionality within AEM to get sites localized?

If a connector is needed, which ones work best with AEM. I have heard of Clay Tablet as one possible option.

Thanks,

Jaime

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

So the short answer to your question is yes if you want to use a service to automate the localization a connector is required. There are to my knowledge to well known connectors Clay Tablet and Translations.com both of which functional well as connectors. Supporting other vendors is definitely possible but requires creating a custom connector. The recommended approach is to create a connector that leverages XLIFF to handle the transfer. 

If you want do manual translations within the authoring interface the Multi-Site Manager and Language Copy tools provide a good framework for that. http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/multi_site_manager.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

So the short answer to your question is yes if you want to use a service to automate the localization a connector is required. There are to my knowledge to well known connectors Clay Tablet and Translations.com both of which functional well as connectors. Supporting other vendors is definitely possible but requires creating a custom connector. The recommended approach is to create a connector that leverages XLIFF to handle the transfer. 

If you want do manual translations within the authoring interface the Multi-Site Manager and Language Copy tools provide a good framework for that. http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/multi_site_manager.html

Level 1

Thanks a bunch, Orotas...

I will look into the link you sent.

Jaime