Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Author is not getting message once the page is published in workflow .

Level 2

Hi Experts, 

I am a newbie in CQ. I am working on a CQ5 workflow implementation which has three steps.

1. Author creates/updates  the content and initiates the workflow
  2. First level of Approver (We call it Manager) approves this content. If Manager finds content OK he sends this to next level approver (We call it Publisher) to publish via workflow. Though if manager rejects the content , Author gets a message in his inbox.
  3. Now, if Publisher finds the content good he simply publish the content. If he finds any issue - he rejects the content and Author gets a message in his CQ5 ( Thats how it has been configured)

Now we want to send a message to author when the Publisher publishes the content (Technically when the workflow ends). Right now the author only gets the message once content is rejected. Can anybody help us on this ?

PS: We dont want to go with email notifications because of some reasons. We need only CQ5 messages. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

CQ5 sends message to only that user/group to whom it gets assigned to and hence it sends a message OOTB when the content is rejected. In your case, if you need to send a message to author when the content is approved and published, you have to write a custom workflow process and use the same in your workflow.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

CQ5 sends message to only that user/group to whom it gets assigned to and hence it sends a message OOTB when the content is rejected. In your case, if you need to send a message to author when the content is approved and published, you have to write a custom workflow process and use the same in your workflow.

Level 4

Hi,

In custom workflow you can use workflow routing to assign the workflow back to initiator after the page published.

Please refer below sites

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/javadoc/com/day/cq/workflow/WorkflowSession.html

and 

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/WorkflowPrecessStep.html

Thanks.

Vikram