Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Asset expiry

Level 4

Hi

I have a simple question.  If we change the properties of an asset by updating with a new expiry date, do we have to republish the asset? 

thanks

Key

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@key-key 

If you have enabled time based scheduler "Adobe CQ DAM Expiry Notification" then by default this scheduler set with cron '0 0 0 * * ?' i.e scheduler runs daily at 12:00 am. so whenever the expiration date is reached once scheduler runs that asset will be deactivate/unpublished. if you have not enabled time based scheduler then that asset will be deactivated/unpublished right after expiration time reached. but in your case since you have not published the asset after updating expiry time, asset got deactivated right after prevous set expiration time(i.e Oct 1st) reached/when time based scheduler ran on publisher environment.

refer this for more information

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/assets/administer/drm.html

-Manjunath

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Timeline of events:

1. Original expiry date of image was October 1

2. On September 18 (prior to expiry), it was requested for the image expiry date to be amended to October 31 so it was updated (not republished)

3. On October 2, the image didn’t show on the page and when checked in AEM, expiry date shows original date of October 1

4. October 2 we fixed it by updating the image expiry and republishing the image

Correct answer by
Level 8

@key-key 

If you have enabled time based scheduler "Adobe CQ DAM Expiry Notification" then by default this scheduler set with cron '0 0 0 * * ?' i.e scheduler runs daily at 12:00 am. so whenever the expiration date is reached once scheduler runs that asset will be deactivate/unpublished. if you have not enabled time based scheduler then that asset will be deactivated/unpublished right after expiration time reached. but in your case since you have not published the asset after updating expiry time, asset got deactivated right after prevous set expiration time(i.e Oct 1st) reached/when time based scheduler ran on publisher environment.

refer this for more information

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/assets/administer/drm.html

-Manjunath

Level 4
@manjunath the thing is we actually extended the expiry date. what happens then?