Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Architecture: AEM On Premise Vs Adobe Experience Manager as a Cloud Service

Level 10

Hi all,

I completely understand the difference between AEM On Premise Vs Adobe Experience Manager as a Cloud Service.

What would be the difference between these two when Architecture is considered?

Adobe Experience Manager as a Cloud Service uses Scalable nodes in infra, Cloud Manager for CI/CD, Mutable/Immutable separation in packages, Sling Distribution for replication, etc, etc.

How to represent these in the architecture diagram?

Are there any sample architecture diagrams representing these somewhere?

I referred to Adobe SPP unsuccessfully.

I highly appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

RK.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I understand that you are looking from an integration point of view to the architecture.

In that case I would start with replacing AEM (on-prem) by AEM CS in the diagram. And depending how deep you went refine accordingly. I think that the integration points remain as they were (at least at the beginning), so that should be sufficient in the first place.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi, This link does not offer the architectural differences between these two in terms of diagrams.

Administrator

@AEM_Forum Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Employee Advisor

Can you please help me to understand why you want to have all these details in an architectural diagram? I assume that you don't want to implement something like AEM CS by yourself, but that you want to use AEM CS as a piece in a larger architecture. In that case, why don't you just add the aspects relevant for your architecture to it (is mutable/immutable content relevant for that?).

The AEM CS architecture is quite complex (depending on the specific aspect you are looking at or the level of detail you want to have), and it normally does not make sense to have this publicly documented; mostly because many of these specifics are implementation detail and will change over time.

Administrator

@AEM_Forum Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Hi all,

Let me put my question differently.

I have an AEM On Prem installation with integration with other Adobe Products (Analytics and Campaign) and some other Client systems.

Now client moved to AEM As A Cloud Service, rest everything remaining the same.

How would the overall Architecture diagram update to reflect this change?

Is it that I would replace AEM On Prem diagram box with AEM As A Cloud Service or represent some systems inside AEM As A Cloud Service? Ex: Cloud Manager, AEM Nodes, etc.

Please direct me to a couple of such arch diagrams.

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

RK.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I understand that you are looking from an integration point of view to the architecture.

In that case I would start with replacing AEM (on-prem) by AEM CS in the diagram. And depending how deep you went refine accordingly. I think that the integration points remain as they were (at least at the beginning), so that should be sufficient in the first place.