Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Approval workflow in AEM

Employee

Requirement : two groups 

Content editor can only edit content and submit for review.

Content approver can :

• edit the content , submit it for review to other members of group (peer) review .
  • Content approver can approve content submitted for review by other members (editor or aother members of approver group)
  • Can publish the content,

I as a super author belong to two groups - content editor & content approver. When I edit the content , I should be able to submit this for review to other members of my group (content approver). Usually, I will also receive requests to approve my own edited content as well since I also belong to content approver group which I don't want.

How can above requirement  be achieved?

Also, my understanding is anyone in content approver can approve content . It need not be approved by all members of group. Please confirm.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this is not possible OOTB, the other way is to create a custom process step and send an email individually except the requester.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

you should separate the editing and approval groups which is used in the workflow notification.

content-author : Read(R), Modify(M), Delete(D)

super-author : Read(R), Modify(M), Delete(D), Publish(P)

Content editor : content-author

Content approver - content-author + Replicate(P)

Super Author - content-author + Content approver / without approval super-author

I will also receive requests to approve my own edited content as well since I also belong to content approver group which I don't want. This part can't be skipped if you already part of the group, you will receive the approval request.

Arun Patidar

Employee

Right , but client has this unique requirement that the users will often be part of both groups and should not get request for review for their own edited content. Any way this can be handled?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this is not possible OOTB, the other way is to create a custom process step and send an email individually except the requester.

Arun Patidar

Level 5

@digarg  - Check this blog if you need parallel-approvals(All users in group needs approval) in the workflow -

https://engineering.icf.com/aem-workflows-how-to-implement-parallel-approvals/