Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Anyone able to setup AEM 6.5 on M1 MacBook?

Level 1

Tried setting up multiple times, AEM sites.html loads fine for the first time, but from the second time the UI is broken and wouldn't show the interface properly. I tried running it on X86 arch as well, no luck! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

hi @RHarikr2 

I have a friend who is having the same issue, hope the following things work.

try using the aem as cloud SKD and don't turn the instance off. just start the aem and let it stay alive.#

If you are using aem 6.5 try installing a sevice pack 6.5.9 which is stable for mac.

hope this help you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

hi @RHarikr2 ,

I do use AEM 6.5 on M1 MacBook. It works pretty fine without any issue.

You can try downloading jar file again from the server and then try. Also, verify if you have java 11 and only one java on you machine. And make sure environment configs are set correctly.

Level 4

i'm also using mac m1 max but i'm not able run the instance and getting below error

Error: Could not find or load main class –jar

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: –jar

do u have any config?

Employee Advisor

Hi @RHarikr2 ,

I am using AEM 6.5.9.0 on M1PRO and it works fine, please check on things @Anish-Sinha mentioned. 

Correct answer by
Level 4

hi @RHarikr2 

I have a friend who is having the same issue, hope the following things work.

try using the aem as cloud SKD and don't turn the instance off. just start the aem and let it stay alive.#

If you are using aem 6.5 try installing a sevice pack 6.5.9 which is stable for mac.

hope this help you.

Level 4

i'm also using mac m1 max but i'm not able run the instance and getting below error

Error: Could not find or load main class –jar

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: –jar