Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Always use English in WCM edit mode

Level 4

Our platform is used by English speaking content authors to author content in all languages.

We wish to force the WCM authoring interface to use English for all out-of-the-box strings (editbars, context menus, sidekick, etc), while still using the i18n bundle for our own strings.

So far:

• no Tried setting the user's (and group's) preferences > language to English; WCM was still localized, even after re-logging in.  Even if it worked, I imagine it would use English for our own localized strings, which is not acceptable.
  • no Considered implementing RequestLocaleResolver to set the locale to 'en' for all author requests in WCM edit mode.  Again, I imagine it would use English for our own localized strings, which is not acceptable.
  • no Considered overlaying the WCM i18n dictionary, /libs/wcm/core/i18n.  I doubt this will work unless we overlay each of the i18n files with all of the English strings.  Less than desirable.
  • no Same as the overlay approach, but instead adding a new i18n dictionary under /apps/myProject/, again including all English strings as "translations" in the other languages.  And again, less than desirable.
  • no Considered removing the WCM i18n dictionary, /libs/wcm/core/i18n.  This is, of course, discouraged.

​What is the best approach to this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I haven't tried it yet, but you could add a component filter, which sets your own ResourceBundle to the request. There you can set your own resourcebundle and provide the correct translations.

Jörg

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I haven't tried it yet, but you could add a component filter, which sets your own ResourceBundle to the request. There you can set your own resourcebundle and provide the correct translations.

Jörg