Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Allowed components are only displaying on editable templates after re-saving the policy

Level 4

I have editable templates on my project, which are using policies. 

I can see the policies are well linked to the templates, that is not an issue. 

On these templates, I have a responsive grid with a policy that allows a set of allowed components. 

The policy is well linked, that is not an issue. 

However, when I open my template, the allowed components are not displaying in the responsive grid. 

I have to open the responsive grid, save it, and then the components all display. 

Stranger is that on some components they show by default, and on some I have to use the above process. 

Does ayone have an idea what might cause this?

Or how I could debug this? 

Below you can find the steps of the process I need to follow to display the components. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

@jeremylanssiers Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@jeremylanssiers it will be hard to debug from this way.. I would like to suggest another method if you are tech savvy..  package this template and policies from your current instance via package manager, download package and unzip it.. compare policies xml and template xml with what you have in code... you should be able to easily identify what's missing..

One question by the way are you using OOTB layout container from core components? 

Level 4

Yes. I don't want to share too much of the client's setup. 

It turned out there were issues in the template's stucture. The (layout) container there did not have a sling resourcetype of wcm/foundtation/responsivegrid, but of a nonexisting component where policies were created. And I believe the template behaved strangely because of that, but it got solved in the end.

For other who have issues with policies, I would recommend to create, edit and test hem in the UI, create a content package, and copypaste that into your code repository. Comparing with the WKND project was not that valuable for me, because wknd container components have other resource types and because of that the policy paths are different.

Correct answer by
Administrator

@jeremylanssiers Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

Hello @jeremylanssiers  , 
I believe that i understand your question. Its not because of saving of it all the time.

1) If the layout containers policy is unlocked, then the allowed components will be visible under that layout visually. It visually represents that this responsive grid can be visible at page level and authors can author the component. This is only used for page level in this case.

2) If the layout containers policy is locked, then the allowed components will not be visible under that layout visually. It visually represents that this responsive grid cannot be visible at page level and authors cannot author the component. But, template authors can author components using that responsive grid at the template level but not in the 1st case.

Hope it helps for you.