Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Allow user to select workflow assignee from specific group

Level 1

I am attempting to create a workflow for page activation. Within the workflow, I'd like for the workflow initiator to be able to assign the workflow to a specific person within a group. I tried using the Participant Step with the user/group set to be the group of users that the workflow initiator should be able to choose from. What I'm seeing is that the workflow gets assigned to the group and then the initiator must delegate it to someone but that causes 2 issues. 1) The participant step sends out an email to the entire group and I'd like for it to only send to the designated assignee and 2) The initiator may not know or may forget to delegate it. 

After looking at the documentation, I do not think that the Dynamic participant step would work for this instance because I want the author/workflow initiator to choose the assignee rather than base it on logic within the dynamic step. 

Is there a way to accomplish what I am trying to do OOB? We are using version 5.6.1

Thank you for your help!

2 Replies

Level 10

OOTB - you described how it works - but you stated there were 2 issues. 

You best option for this is to write a dynamic step and then write app logic to read a condition that you set earlier in the WF. If condition A exists  - then assign to user A. If condition B - assign to user B. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/dynamic-steps.html

The above article shows you how to write a dynamic part step.

You may want to look at writing a custom workflow step also to set conditions. 

Level 2

Hi 

1. define a dialog participant step were in u can select the user for next step.

2.next step is dynamic participant step were in use user selected in previous step.

I hope it works for you.