Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM6.3 - Service mapping configuration done on application level

Level 3

Hello!

We are currently preparing to send our project to production.

It was advertised to us to do the mapping service configuration on a application level, on a node I think.

Does someone here knows how to do the service mapping configuration on a way that goes with the application?

Because the adobe articles on the internet, always do the mapping service configuration on the directly on the OSGI, like this article below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/querying-experience-manager-sling.html

Thank you very much!!

2 Replies

Employee

Putting user mapping configs inside your project structure /apps/YOUR_PROJECT/config would make sense as this would ease the effort for deploying these with your code. If you manually put configs from Felix console, they'd be persisted under /apps/system/config

Community Advisor

Kunwar is correct . Configuring OSGi  Check the "Creating the Configuration in the Repository" section , This section exactly explains you how to work with config nodes. This gives more flexibility in handling your configurations depending on your runmodes.

I would say that you are very late in doing this. But its better to do before your PROD deployment do a thorough testing with in your lower regions before promoting to PROD.

If incase this is first time deployment to PROD , then you should be fine, but if the code is already in PROD and you were directly making changes in the Felix console,. then the changed values normally gets saved under /apps/system/config and .config files and it gets priority over your project level configs .

Additional relevant read-on

Run Modes

Usecase explained in this blog - AEM Developer Learning : Run Modes with Use Cases In AEM 6.2 - Part1

http://aempodcast.com/2016/apache-sling/demonstrate-slingosgiconfig-runmodes

osgi - Which config is applied when number of matched run modes is the same - Stack Overflow

Thanks

Veena