Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM6.0, SP1: Favicon not showing up properly when using vault

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are experiencing a weird issue around a website's favicon. It's located under /etc/designs/abc/clientlib/favicon.ico. On the local system the file is OK, not corrupted and shows up just the way it should. When build to the AEM instance though, it seems to become scrambled/corrupted:

[img]Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 1.26.16 PM.png[/img]

There's no errors when building. We are using the latest AEM 6.0 with SP1 installed. This happens with all .ico files that I tried. Other images in the clientlib folder are fine. Any idea what this could be?

1 Accepted Solution
Sham_HC
Correct answer by
Level 10
Level 10
  • Is the image path of favicon is correct?   If not verify the header component and probabily change to use from dam rather than clientlib.  OR
  • If you want to grap  favicon from the webserver instead of aem change veriy the Maven build - "filtering" property value for resource.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sham_HC
Correct answer by
Level 10
Level 10
  • Is the image path of favicon is correct?   If not verify the header component and probabily change to use from dam rather than clientlib.  OR
  • If you want to grap  favicon from the webserver instead of aem change veriy the Maven build - "filtering" property value for resource.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the path is correct, otherwise it wouldn't show an image at all I believe. I figured it's a design element, not a content element so it should be in a clientlib. I tried it with a DAM asset which works fine, but that's not ideal I think. I'm just suprised it doesn't seem to work for .ico files but all other layout images we pull in from the clientlib folder (jpg, png, etc.) work just fine. It just seems to mess with the .ico files.

I realize there's plenty of work arounds but they don't really make it manageable in our build.