Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM WKND Sites - No content and Component in the page

Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to follow the AEM WKND sites tutorial, I successfully generate the project using archetypeVersion=35 and aemVersion="6.5.0", but after creating the Basic Components page, the page has no content and no component available. I'm using AEM 6.5 for my jar file.

I also check my WKND Site Project - Core in console bundles and the status is already "ACTIVATE":

pauleduard_2-1707372419626.png

This is my command:

mvn -B org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=35 -D appTitle="WKND Sites Project" -D appId="wknd" -D groupId="com.adobe.aem.guides" -D artifactId="aem-guides-wknd" -D package="com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd" -D version="0.0.1-SNAPSHOT" -D aemVersion="6.5.0"

This is my AEM version:

pauleduard_1-1707372317387.png

This is the page I created for WKND page (Component Basics)

pauleduard_0-1707372238038.png

Can someone help me on this please? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@pauleduard 

1. Please use the latest SP or the one used in the Project.
  2. Use maven archtype thats compatible with the 6.5+SP version

Its always good to use the latest or the ones used in project already. It helps keep unexpected issues at bay !

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 9

@pauleduard : Please check your error logs which should give you some idea about what's wrong with your local setup.

Additionally try to ensure that all the bundle's are up and in Active status. For ex. WCM Components Core bundle has to be active as it has basic things which are needed for your OOTB sites to work.
Just expand the bundle and see what are the errors (which would be highlighted in Red). Once everything is in Active status, you should see your pages working fine. After that if it is still blank, you should find in the logs what is causing the issues.

thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@pauleduard 

1. Please use the latest SP or the one used in the Project.
  2. Use maven archtype thats compatible with the 6.5+SP version

Its always good to use the latest or the ones used in project already. It helps keep unexpected issues at bay !

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

HI @pauleduard ,

Please follow below steps:

1. Install service pack in your AEM instance.
2. Deploy your project with uber jar version updated with the service pack you installed.

Thanks
Tarun

Level 1

I'm trying to download the service pack from Software Distribution. but it show's me this result.

pauleduard_0-1707393766109.png

Community Advisor

@pauleduard 

Please access via your organization ID, not personal ID.

Your organization might have AEM 6.5, Cloud or both enabled. You should be able to download accordingly

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@pauleduard Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni