Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM with Search

Level 3

I'm working on a search functionality in AME 6.2 and I'm wondering, is there anyway to track what a user searches for in AEM? We don't have AEM Anayltics, we want to be able to know what things are commonly searched for, time searched, platform e.g. mobile or desktop and user location. Is there anyway of tracking this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can create a custom solution to track search statics.

For example, you can create a node in AEM to save all search related details. For each search you can create a node.

and at the EOD you can pull those details in JSON/XML/Database and delete those node to free up some space. But if you are planning to implement something like above for more than one instance architecture then you can directly save data on centralise location/database or sync between instance.

The idea is here to create custom solution if you don't have analytics implemented.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can create a custom solution to track search statics.

For example, you can create a node in AEM to save all search related details. For each search you can create a node.

and at the EOD you can pull those details in JSON/XML/Database and delete those node to free up some space. But if you are planning to implement something like above for more than one instance architecture then you can directly save data on centralise location/database or sync between instance.

The idea is here to create custom solution if you don't have analytics implemented.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar