Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM - Trigger customized workflow on manage publication. | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

AEM - Trigger customized workflow on manage publication. by Bimmisoi Blog

Abstract

In AEM 6.3 and above, there is a feature that allows content authors to “Request Publication” or “Request Unpublication.” The option becomes available when the content author does not have replication permission on the page they are currently authoring

When you click on "Manage Publication" it takes you to a page
Now when you click on Publish or Unpublish, then AEM's OOTB Request for Activation or Request for Deactivation workflows gets triggered respectively.

In order to trigger custom workflow on click of manage publication, below are the steps:
1. Go to/libs/cq/gui/content/common/managepublicationwizard/body/items/form/granite:data path and right click and then click on overlay node.

Read Full Blog

AEM - Trigger customized workflow on manage publication.

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 1

hi @kautuk_sahni  In  /apps/cq/gui/content/common/managepublicationwizard/body/items/form/granite:data I had tried both the path :

requestActivationWorkflow : /etc/workflow/models/custom_workflow_demo/jcr:content/mode

requestActivationWorkflow : /var/workflow/models/custo_workflow_demo

but not working on my side help me please.

Administrator

@Dillibabu05 , I have asked Bimmi (original author of this post) to help you with your ask.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

it is urgent please help me as faster you can. when I tried in aem 6.5.13 SP and other SP have issue in managepublication wizard itself not showing in chrome but I can see in edge.

note: I am trying to do in aem cloud.

Thanks

Administrator

Just got to know that the original author is out on Maternity leave. Can you put a fresh question in the community to get SMEs' eyes on it? 

Kautuk Sahni