Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM transfer usergenerated content from publish to author

Level 1

I need to notify 'content-author' group about mistakes.

So I have kinda UI form with message parameter on publish and need to notify users on author instance.

I can't use reverse-replication agent (I already find solution with it).

So I would appreciate any help with it.

It should be some 3rd party technology, that will help me with it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

All you need to do is implement an "Sling Event Handler" running in pulbish.  This handler should:

1. Capture the Event of "New Message for Authors" that your form will trigger

2. Send a POST request to the Author passing proper parameters. It'll be SlingPostServlet in the Author that will create proper Node and properties with information about the message

3. Upon POST request return you need to check status and should this be "200 OK" you can go ahead and mark your "New Message For Authors" as "SENT TO Author instance"

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

If i had your requirement and wanted to notofy a group of authors - i would look at writing a workflow that I could invoke and then it would notify the authors via email. Building custom workflow (some of which use custom workflow steps) is a powerful part of the AEM product.

Level 1

Actually, I'm currently using workflow that notifies group of users via Inbox Notification with help of reverse-replication.
So the question is how I can do it without reverse-replication. So I'm looking for helpful advices/tutorials/links of how I can achieve this. How can I write such kind of workflows etc.
Unfortunately, I haven't received any helpful information from your answer, but thanks.

Correct answer by
Level 3

All you need to do is implement an "Sling Event Handler" running in pulbish.  This handler should:

1. Capture the Event of "New Message for Authors" that your form will trigger

2. Send a POST request to the Author passing proper parameters. It'll be SlingPostServlet in the Author that will create proper Node and properties with information about the message

3. Upon POST request return you need to check status and should this be "200 OK" you can go ahead and mark your "New Message For Authors" as "SENT TO Author instance"

Regards,