Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM to integrate with Eloqua Identity Provider

Level 1

Hi there,

I am working on a project where the subscription lead data are stored in Eloqua. Now there is a new requirement where we need to create a members portal where the authentication of the users will be validated by the profiles stored in Eloqua. I've come up with a solution where we will use AEM external login module. In order to establish that service, we need to create a custom identity provider service class which will hook up with Eloqua and get the users mapping stored in crx. Also we will bind the synchronisation of the users between AEM crx and Eloqua. I need someone from Adobe to validate the approach for validating the users against the profiles stored on Eloqua. Will appreciate if you kindly share your thoughts and ideas on this. Thanks.

----

M

5 Replies

Level 10

I am checking within Adobe - i will post back my findings.

Level 10

Team is wondering why not try SAML.

Level 1

Well, the reason I'm not going to the path of SAML as the users will not be logged in to the intranet to gain access to the new portal. In current scenario, the users are anonymous who visit the site on a frequent basis. There is a subscription form on which a list of users filled in their details which got saved in the Eloqua database. With the subscribed users there was password date saved in their profile. In phase 2 pf this project, we are introducing members portal where the AEM system will use the user data from the Eloqua server and populate the user centric contents. My understanding is you only use SAML when the users are intranet authenticated users and they want to access to a third-party application system in which case it is AEM. However, in this scenario, the already subscribed users are anonymous users with no password set as of yet. We will be letting them creating their password using the email address and the password will be saved to Eloqua server. Hence, I'm inclining on creating a custom identity Provider service as shown in aem-ldap-tutorial/tutorial-04-example-idp.md at master · Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-ldap-tutorial · G... . Please let me know whether this is a right way of doing this. Thanks in advance.

Administrator

I have further asked internal team to have a look at this one.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Thanks a lot. Looking forward to hear some constructive comments on this.