Our client has a requirement where in page layouts ( e.g. AEM Templates ) can be set up without development work and independent from release cycles. They also have governance requirement like who can setup these page layouts and who can override once published (in case needed). The closest out of the box match for this requirement is "AEM Template Editor" feature which was released by Adobe in AEM 6.2 version. Also, Adobe has proposed few additional new features in the upcoming version i.e. AEM 6.3 with respect to Template Editor. Adobe's recommendation 6.3 onwards that all templates should be developed using Template editor.
Since it was launched very recently, We are trying to assess its usage and known/open issues. We are doing a POC for its fitment, Migration strategy etc.
Would appreciate if someone can share more details around this.
· Are there clients using Template Editor ?
· Is 6.2 Template Editor version stable or would you recommend 6.3 versions?
· Are there major known issues ?
· Any recommendation around upgrade/migration path, Developer templates to New template editor’s templates?
· We already have large content , is there any migration tool / approach recommendation from Adobe ?
We are not planning to use Layout mode and will use the existing bootstrap.