Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM System Publishing to Two sites

Level 7

Hi all,

Let us say, I have two sites, Site-1 and Site-2 and they have different purpose, layout, content, etc.
I want one AEM CMS to publish to both these sites.
Kindly suggest how this could be achieved.

I could create components and  templates for both sites in this single AEM single CMS.
But when I publish content, it publishes to a server, based on the Replication agents configured and so it publishes on to only one server.
Or is it that we need to change Replication agents configuration for each of these one at a time and publish?
I mean, configure it for Site-1 Publish server and publish. When I want to publish on Site-2, configure it for Site-2 Publish server and publish?

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,
Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you want some content to be published only via agent-1, and other content only published via agent-2, you can use the approach described here: http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/restrict-content-specific-publishers-aem/

Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Correct - you can configure the REP agents.

Employee Advisor

You can have multiple publish agents in parallel, just create an additional one :-) and configure it properly.

Jörg

Level 7

Hi Jorg,

I will create a Review/Approve Workflow.

I will also create 2 Publish Agents, agent-1 and agent-2

But when I invoke Review/Approve Workflow for the contents meant for Site-1, and Site-2, how to make them make them use agent-1 and agent-2 respectively?

Is there a mechanism to invoke specific publish agents from the workflow itself directly?

This is my question.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you want some content to be published only via agent-1, and other content only published via agent-2, you can use the approach described here: http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/restrict-content-specific-publishers-aem/

Jörg