Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Solr Index how to prevent the entire repo being indexed?

Level 5

I have setup my first solr Index but I only want to index a portion of the repository eg /content/mysite/page/* so anything below the page node. However I seem to of indexed the entire repo. I added the following to my index node:

includedPaths as a String and set it to /content/mysite/page but it does not seem to of had any effect and everything has been indexed! 

Also another issue I have run in to is that the logs are filling up with warnings, seemingly when trying to talk to my remote zookeeper instance:  

21.07.2016 14:37:40.308 *WARN* [aysnc-index-update-async-SendThread(172.17.0.4:2181)] org.apache.felix.jaas No JAAS module configured for realm Client

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I asked support about this and they stated: 

Solr indexes don’t support the includedPaths property and by default oak solr indexes index everything.  To restrict a Solr index by path they should make sure they are on the latest Oak hotfix and create the solr oak index definition under the path they want to index, for example /content/mysite/oak:index/solrIndex

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I asked support about this and they stated: 

Solr indexes don’t support the includedPaths property and by default oak solr indexes index everything.  To restrict a Solr index by path they should make sure they are on the latest Oak hotfix and create the solr oak index definition under the path they want to index, for example /content/mysite/oak:index/solrIndex