Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Sites - Timeline entry "Delete"

Level 3

Hi community,

I have a question about the AEM Timeline functionality. When I select a page in "Sites" and select "Timeline" on the left side, I get the version history of the page. It shows actions like "Page Moved", "Published", "New Version" .... but sometimes there is a "Delete" entry. What does this mean? I haven't found any documentation on this. Does it mean that the page has been deleted? But that can't be, because then the page shouldn't show up in the page tree anymore and shouldn't have a version history, right? In which cases is the entry "Delete" written?

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 14.27.28.png

And also when I try to preview the version after the delete entry, every time an error occurs. 

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 14.40.00.png 

Whats the problem here?

Thanks for helping me!

Regards, Andrea

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @ajur 

I performed few actions on my test page, sharing the timeline:

krati_garg_1-1680763422776.png

krati_garg_2-1680763430646.png

The Yellow highlighted Delete Event is triggered when a Delete Operation is triggered and it results in "Page Deleted" event in Timeline. 
The Red highlighted Delete Event is triggered when a Page is moved from its original location to another ad results in "Page Moved" event in Timeline. 

As per your screen shot, it is the second case, where Page has been moved. Any version, which appears before Page Moved operation would result in failure as it is still referring the old location. 
This can be verified from Error Logs.

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @ajur 

I performed few actions on my test page, sharing the timeline:

krati_garg_1-1680763422776.png

krati_garg_2-1680763430646.png

The Yellow highlighted Delete Event is triggered when a Delete Operation is triggered and it results in "Page Deleted" event in Timeline. 
The Red highlighted Delete Event is triggered when a Page is moved from its original location to another ad results in "Page Moved" event in Timeline. 

As per your screen shot, it is the second case, where Page has been moved. Any version, which appears before Page Moved operation would result in failure as it is still referring the old location. 
This can be verified from Error Logs.

Hope this helps.