Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

AEM Screens

Juan_Manuel_Per
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys!

I'm just starting to work with AEM Screens, but I can't actually create an application, to be consumed by an Application Channel.

Can someone give me a lead to follow?

Or maybe a tutorial for it?

I'm using ame 6.3 with the recommended configuration.

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies
edubey
Level 10
Level 10

Did you refer to the default implementation for We.Retail In-Store in 6.3?

Juan_Manuel_Per
Level 1
Level 1

Hi edubey!

Thanks for your time!

No. I'm working with a project from the scratch.

I think i'm missing some templates or something like that, because I can't create applications or touch trakers.

And I can't find any tutorials about this.

All the tutorial are about slide channels.

Indeed, I can't even create another application into the We.Retail default 6.3 screens project.

Juan_Manuel_Per
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Arun.

Thanks for your time.

I follow that tutorials and make the configurations. All the Screens environment works good with the tutorials things.

The problems starts when I need to go deeper into it. Like I said, create applications to be added to an application channel or things like that.

I found impossible to find a tutorial or even specific documentation about how to do it.

As I said, all the tutorial and documentation examples I found was about Slide Channels

smacdonald2008
Level 10
Level 10

This bring up a good point - we should schedule an Ask the AEM Community Experts on this so we can cover deeper use case.

jims30208578
Level 1
Level 1

Usually, the application channel is used for storing a React or Angular application that would incorporate touchscreen interactivity.

For basic playback of images and/or video, a standard sequence channel should be used instead.