Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Screens Application

Level 2

Hello everyone, how can I develop an AEM Screens application that consumes web service or database?

We need to make an application that uses a webservice to send and receive a code

Thanks for the help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Sorry , I didn't follow your question completely.  "With which tools are the screens applications created and how can I place the htl component? "

As I get it,  you can develop the HTL components based on your design and call the back end Webservices and display the content on the screen.

Thanks,

Chandra

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

They are many ways to consume the web services

1.  You can consume the Web services from UI in JQuery or Javascript by using Ajax.

2.  Write the HTL component, from the WCMUse class you can invoke the OSGI service.

If you are caching the pages then option 1 if it is dynamic content else any option is good.

Thanks,

Chandra

Level 2

Thanks Chandra,

Similiar to these steps

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/htl63_soap_aem.html?

With which tools are the screens applications created and how can I place the htl component?

Thank you very much

Correct answer by
Level 2

Sorry , I didn't follow your question completely.  "With which tools are the screens applications created and how can I place the htl component? "

As I get it,  you can develop the HTL components based on your design and call the back end Webservices and display the content on the screen.

Thanks,

Chandra

Level 2

Chandra thank you very much for your support