Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM S3 configuration for binaryless replication (what is secret setting?)

Level 3

We are building out some instances using S3 as our datastore.  We are now getting to the point where we want to spin up the publish instances and make use of binaryless replication.

In the documentation [linked] Configuring node stores and data stores in AEM 6  it mentions a secret value for binaryless replication as part of the config settings in the org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.S3DataStore.config file.

• secret: Only to be used if using binaryless replication for shared datastore setup.

What should the value of this parameter be set to , or how do we go about getting such a value?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Just any value you want. It just needs to be the same  on all instances connected to that shared data store.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 3

Thanks,

From the AEM documentation it mentions two entries that contain the word secret; one secretKey which I believe is the value you mentioned in your earlier reply from AWS and is paired with accessKey and secret. It is this value in the .config file that I would like to know where to find the correct value to use.

You can use the configuration file with the following options:

• accessKey: The AWS access key.
  • secretKey: The AWS secret access key. Note: Alternatively, IAM roles can be used for authentication. If you are using IAM roles you no longer need to specify the accessKey and secretKey.
  • s3Bucket: The bucket name.
  • s3Region: The bucket region.
  • path: The path of the data store. The default is <AEM install folder>/repository/datastore
  • minRecordLength: The minimum size of an object that should be stored in the data store. The minimum/default is 16KB.
  • maxCachedBinarySize: Binaries with size less than or equal to this size will be stored in memory cache. The size is in bytes. The default is 17408 (17 KB).
  • cacheSize: The size of the cache. The value is specified in bytes. The default is 64GB.
  • secret: Only to be used if using binaryless replication for shared datastore setup.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Just any value you want. It just needs to be the same  on all instances connected to that shared data store.

Level 1

Hey, would you mind explaining why and what this value is actually used for?

Level 4

My guess is that it used by the replication agent to check whether or not you are connected to the correct shared datastore. If the secret matches with the one in the datastore, binaryless replication is allowed. If it doesn't match, binaryless replication is denied.