Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

AEM report to get list of users edited/deleted/published pages

Level 4

Hello,

I am using AEM 6.5

I would like to know if we can have a custom report which will ask node path and from and to date.

and give details of all the users who modified page and when.

eg:

/home was modified by userA,UserB,UserC and on 16/06/24, 24/05/24, 20/05/24 

We can get lastModified but I need all the modifiers for page.

Regards

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kiranc13433869

Please have a look on Audit Log Search tool from ACS AEM Commons:

In my opinion this tool will give you all you need. Before you use it first time, you should install additional package with dedicated Oak Index or create it manually following instructions on the documentation.

Here is an example what you can get:

audit-log.png

In general tool supports many events, like: activation, page creation/modification etc, so I believe it will fulfill all your requirements.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, you can use ACS common report builder

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/report-builder/index.html

Please Add a report which can use query to search within node tree and in the result section you can add page path and the owner

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

@kiranc13433869  You can use below SQL2 Query to get the desired output. You can run in ACS commons report tool

SELECT page.*, page.[jcr:lastModifiedBy] AS modifiedBy
FROM [cq:PageContent] AS page
WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE(page, '/content/XXXX/global/en')
AND page.[jcr:lastModified] >= CAST('2023-01-01T00:00:00.000Z' AS DATE)
AND page.[jcr:lastModified] <= CAST('2023-01-31T23:59:59.999Z' AS DATE)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kiranc13433869

Please have a look on Audit Log Search tool from ACS AEM Commons:

In my opinion this tool will give you all you need. Before you use it first time, you should install additional package with dedicated Oak Index or create it manually following instructions on the documentation.

Here is an example what you can get:

audit-log.png

In general tool supports many events, like: activation, page creation/modification etc, so I believe it will fulfill all your requirements.

Community Advisor

@kiranc13433869 from what I understand from your ask, you need change log for your pages/assets with details like who modified and when they modified and when they published.. 

According to me only two options, 

1. Write custom event handling and store all those event details under same page/asset under a new node like pagepath/jcr:content/changeling and Write some customization to pull that data and display in a page properties tab.. same for asset..

2. Implement versioning like create version for every change and retrieve those versions and display in a custom page properties tab, sane for asset

With option2, less customizations but chance to loose data when version purging is done whereas option 1 needs more customizations but full control.

Administrator

@kiranc13433869 Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni