Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM: Removing a TouchUI Edit from quick-action | Asset Cards

Level 1

Hello,

I want to remove assets edit option based on render condition. I have found similar article aem-adding-a-touchui-quick-action-to-asset-cards

Untitled.png

As mentioned in article i have overlayed the file "/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/card/asset/quickActions.jsp" and to check i have added :

<coral-quickactions-item icon=”link” class=”foundation-collection-action” data-foundation-collection-action=’{“action”: “cq.wcm.copy”}’><%= xssAPI.encodeForHTML(i18n.get(“Copy link”)) %></coral-quickactions-item>

to check the functionality but it is not working. Does this means in new releases something changes and some other file needs to overlayed?

@arunpatidar @Theo_Pendle @taryna71844708 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would recommend using a JS hook to hide those buttons by a common selector, is a quick win, overlaying might be complicated as explained. 

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @vishalgupta-adobe 

The tricky part with overlaying the out-of-the-box components is you might need to overlay many of them. For quick testing, you can edit the file in libs and test if the changes are getting reflected or not. If the changes are not getting reflected, them you are supposed to overlay more file.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kiran Vedantam.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would recommend using a JS hook to hide those buttons by a common selector, is a quick win, overlaying might be complicated as explained. 

Esteban Bustamante