Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

AEM Remote SPA in react side after build i'm getting the error

Level 1

when i build remote spa react code and tried running locally with serve -s build command: below error was came and content was not rendering in browser:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: "l" is read-only
    at e.exports (readOnlyError.js:2:9)
    at aem-react-editable-components.js:1:8433

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi @shivakrishna36 

Certainly! To resolve the "Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: 'l' is read-only" error, follow these steps:

1. Check Variable Declaration:

• Resolution: Make sure you're using let instead of const when declaring the 'l' variable if you intend to modify it. For example:

• let l = /* some initial value */;
  • Inspect Imports and Modules:

• Check external modules or dependencies (like 'readOnlyError.js' or 'aem-react-editable-components.js') for any attempts to modify a read-only variable. Update or report issues with those modules as needed.
  • Look for Typos or Variable Mismatches:

• Carefully review your code for typos and ensure you consistently use the correct variable name ('l') throughout your code.
  • Check Babel/TypeScript Configuration:

•  Review your Babel or TypeScript configuration to ensure it aligns with your code's intentions. Avoid treating read-only variables as mutable.
  • Use Debugging Tools:

• Utilize browser developer tools to set breakpoints and inspect your code's state at the point of the error. This helps pinpoint the issue.
  • Verify React Compatibility:

• Ensure you're using compatible versions of React and its dependencies.

Thanks