Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

AEM React SPA - Extra Divs on Page Source

Community Advisor

Hi Community Members, I have created AEM SPA (React) project using AEM ArcheType v41. Installed the package on local AEM v6.5.16 environment without making any changes. In "View as Publish" mode, I found some extra divs (Red Marked) on Inspect Element. Anyway to remove those extra divs?Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 12.11.24 AM.png

Same issue for AEMaaCS as well. https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-spa-editor-react-empty...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

My understanding is this. Every component comes with its own empty-text placeholder and is appended below the actual component markup. When not in author an empty div tag is generated. Since it is a code level issue, I dont think there is an easy way around this. Perhaps the issue is remediated in v2.x but the design of v2.x is completely different from 1x. If its a new project migrate to v2.x to see if the issue persists.

See https://github.com/adobe/aem-react-editable-components/tree/v2.0.5/src/components for distinguishing differences/migration steps. Hope this gives us some insight.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @tusharbias, I checked the discussion before asking the question here. There are no concrete solution available in the link you shared.

Correct answer by
Level 5

My understanding is this. Every component comes with its own empty-text placeholder and is appended below the actual component markup. When not in author an empty div tag is generated. Since it is a code level issue, I dont think there is an easy way around this. Perhaps the issue is remediated in v2.x but the design of v2.x is completely different from 1x. If its a new project migrate to v2.x to see if the issue persists.

See https://github.com/adobe/aem-react-editable-components/tree/v2.0.5/src/components for distinguishing differences/migration steps. Hope this gives us some insight.

Employee

Hello, @Mahedi_Sabuj 

How was the result? Did you resolve your issue by upgrading the mentioned package? Would appreciate some feedback!

Community Advisor

Issue is resolved now by upgrading the aem-react-editable-components to v2.1.1 and empty div is no longer there.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 1.46.24 PM.png

Level 1

Hi @Mahedi_Sabuj : I am still following the issue of empty div. I have performed below steps:

1) Created SPA React project using maven archetype 42.

2)Inside UI frontend module updated package.json and package-lock.json with below values:

package.json-

"@adobe/aem-react-editable-components": "^1.1.6",  to 
"@adobe/aem-react-editable-components": "^2.1.1",
package-lock.son-
 "@adobe/aem-react-editable-components": {
      "version": "1.1.11",
to 
    "@adobe/aem-react-editable-components": {
      "version": "2.1.1",

Have you done any other changes to fix the empty div issue?

Thanks.