Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM+React Queries

Level 4

Hi Team,

I have couple of question's regarding AEM+React.

• What are the benefit's of using AEM with react?
  • What is the main purpose of using AEM with react
  • What we can't achieve if we don't use react?
  • What are the other option's if we want to use something else in place of react?
  • Is it worth using react with aem?
  • Any adobe document for react aem integration

Please let me know if someone have used aem+react.

Regards

Ankur

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ankur,

You will be aware that AEM is WCM tools and React is front end dev JS

I have seen a lot of people asking the similar question. If react is new, it doesn't mean it has to be used. As long as you don't have strong reason to use it, no point of putting it into a project for the sake of  AEM + React Integration.

Your questions are too generic and most of them depend on what requirements you have ... there are many other JS frameworks available. From those you need to pick which serves your need best and saves time.

• What we can't achieve if we don't use react?- I would simply say, you will miss the features and benefits of react

Every JS frameworks come with pros and cons, you need to pick based on your needs.

I would recommend you to go through react documentation, understand it well. I am sure, you will get better clarity.

I am sure you may not like this answer but at the end, it all goes down to what purpose you want serves with JS in site, is there specific requirements that cannot be achieved by jQuery and you really need react to achieve this.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Thanks for sharing , I have gone through this link before, Could you please answer other queries.

Bit concerned about other queries what is the need to use react?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ankur,

You will be aware that AEM is WCM tools and React is front end dev JS

I have seen a lot of people asking the similar question. If react is new, it doesn't mean it has to be used. As long as you don't have strong reason to use it, no point of putting it into a project for the sake of  AEM + React Integration.

Your questions are too generic and most of them depend on what requirements you have ... there are many other JS frameworks available. From those you need to pick which serves your need best and saves time.

• What we can't achieve if we don't use react?- I would simply say, you will miss the features and benefits of react

Every JS frameworks come with pros and cons, you need to pick based on your needs.

I would recommend you to go through react documentation, understand it well. I am sure, you will get better clarity.

I am sure you may not like this answer but at the end, it all goes down to what purpose you want serves with JS in site, is there specific requirements that cannot be achieved by jQuery and you really need react to achieve this.

Thanks

Level 5

I completely agree with you. I had a similar one but thought, it would be harsh reply