Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM personalization

Level 1

I have a question about the personalisation in AEM 6.3 SP1.

At the moment we have AEM, Campaign, Analytics, Target and Audience manager and I'm looking for the best way to do personalisation in AEM.

When I look at the documentation I can see that there is a DTM integration, but when I try to configure it, it seems to be deprecated.

The Target integration in AEM seems to work with Target Classic instead of Target Standard.

And there is no mention of an integration with the segments from Audience manager.

Can someone provide the latest documentation for our setup ?

Regards

Steven

8 Replies

Level 10

Here seems to be the doc topic -- Personalization

There are some AEM 6.3 personalization articles here:

Working with Experience Fragments and the Experience Manager ContextHub

Creating Personal Experiences using Experience Manager and Adobe Target

You are also correct - Adobe Target Classic is used in 2nd one.

Level 1

I already found that documentation, but it refers to an old version of Target, that is no longer used.

We plan to use audience manager for segmentation and target for a/b testing, but it seems the old target integration was never renewed.

Level 10

Kautuk will respond tomorrow to this thread. He has done work in this area.

Level 1

Ok thank you. I'm curious what the best approach is.

Level 10

We are also looking at setting up webinars in early 2018 for use with AEM and Audience Manager. We will be creating some articles around this use case too.

Here is another personalization article that shows using ContextHub in an AEM example site -- Scott's Digital Community: Using the Adobe Experience Manager ContextHub to work with Personal Exper...

Administrator

Hi steven.rymenans

Apologizes for replying late here (I was on PTO).

Personalization can be done in 4 ways:

1. Using AEM contextHub

2. Using Target engine within AEM

3. Using Adobe Target Via DTM/Launch

4. Using Adobe Target on any web site

In 2nd approach, we need Target Classic credentials to get it connected with AEM. As OOTB AEM-Target connector uses target classic. And now with Target classic has been decommissioned, we can still we get the connection setup till the new OOTB solution is released. For that, you need to reach out to support and request them for a sandbox account (Adobe Target classic) to get this personalization going.

The official docs:- Transition FAQ

What happens to existing activities created with the AEM 6.1-6.3 / Target integration after the end-of-life date for the Target Classic user interface?

While the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.1-6.3 integration with Target does use a Target Classic API user behind the scenes, this is managed separately from the Target UI transition and will not be affected by the end-of-life plans. If you would like to set up an new integration with AEM and Target you will need to send a request to Adobe’s provisioning team, who can set up this integration for you.

In approach 3rd, I would recommend this is the best way as of now. Though for doing the personalization you need to be in Target interface[only setback]. Recently we have new upgraded DTM called Launch, you can use that as well.

I would recommend using  approach 1 or 3.

PS: New OOTB solution is in the development phase and we would share it once it is completed.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Does the DTM integration also sync the segments created in audience manager so we can do targetting based on those segments?

My primary use case today is creating email components to create email templates for Adobe Campaign and I want to use the segments from audience manager for sending campaigns and add personalisation using offers and targetting.

Regards

Steven